Branching out

Saturday mornings are probably my most productive scrapping time of the week. Maybe it's that I'm freshly rested (assuming I didn't stay out too late on Friday night) or that my kids are happily watching cartoons. Either way, I tend to get a lot done on Saturdays...and today was no exception!

I started off with a card, based on this sketch at Coordinates Collections:

And here's my version, using Imaginisce papers, some Bazzill cardstock, Making Memories ribbon and Diamond Stickles:


Here's a better shot of the Stickles (on the polka dots and the cupcake icing):


So after I finished that, I was kind of on a roll. I decided to tackle the cardboard recipe box I found at Michael's in the clearance isle. The thing was less than $1 and it was pretty ugly, but I figured I'd find some cute papers to cover it with and turn it into something fun. After sifting through piles and piles of paper that seemed very "kitchen-y," I just wasn't quite feelin' it with any of them. Then my eyes landed on the Basic Grey Lime Rickey kit, and the wheels started turning.

I'm so happy with how it came out. It's totally ME, and I've been wanting to use that bird for months now. I finally found him a home!



The best part is that I'm actually motivated to put some recipes in this thing. The question is: will it actually motivate me to cook? Probably not...but it was worth a try.

5 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I think your projects are great!!!!

Angie Moses said...

the card is great - I {love} cupcakes...but that BG recipe box is the BEST. I love your idea

mustangkayla said...

Cute card! Your recipe box is ADORABLE! Just LOVE it!

Tanya said...

Cute card but I love your recipe box!!

Amooretto said...

What a cute box!

Post a Comment