Flower Power!

Today, I’m going to show you how to create a sweet little paper flower (like the one I used on my card for the Paper Popsicles blog sketch) using just a few simple tools.


You will need:
  • A circle punch (I’m using a 1 ¼” circle punch)
  • Scraps of paper (double-sided paper creates a neat effect; however, you can still do it with single-sided paper and your contrast color will be white)
  • Adhesive
  • A button or brad for the center of the flower


I’m using the double-sided papers from the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday line, both of which are still available in the Paper Popsicles store.

1. Punch 6 circles from your scraps of paper.


2. Take one of the circles and fold a small portion of one edge toward the center. Fold the same portion of the other side of the circle toward the center so that you have a petal shape like this.


3. Repeat with the other 5 circles, making sure that the shape of each petal is uniform with the others.


4. Begin adhering the circles onto a layout or piece of cardstock. Align the folded edges together to create a full circle of petals.


5. Finish with a button or brad in the center.

You can also make a stem from ric-rac, ribbon or paper and add some leaves. Perfect for a card, layout or home decor.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this technique and your blog. I am always searching for techniques to teach in my class in Louisiana and I love this one...I can see in done in the shape of a beaded necklace for Mardi Gras. Thanks for the inspiration. Would love for you to come visit my blog. www.wendyroo.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

The paper flowers are looking very attractive and gorgeous.I hope I can make same pieces from the technique you have provided.

sd karte

Post a Comment