Reliving the adventure

Small confession: I'm starting to get burned out on Halloween stuff. I didn't think it was possible because I *LOVE* Halloween. But between DT projects, blog hops, swaps, Trunk or Treat and getting my kids outfitted for the parties and the night itself...well, I just need a bit of a break.

So I skimmed back through my photos to find the least Halloween-related ones I could, and I stumbled upon these photos from our hike in Dominica this summer. If you haven't been to Dominica, it's truly one of the best kept secrets in the Caribbean. It's not your typical sandy beach island. No, Dominica is full of mountains, rainforests, waterfalls, soothing hot springs and just generally beautiful scenery. And it rains there...a lot! If you're into adventure (think hiking, rappeling, rock climbing, etc.), Dominica should be on your must-see list.


This layout is also for a challenge I posted on Making Memories for You. In honor of Columbus Day, I challenged the group to create a layout about a journey or exploration. It could be an actual destination (such as Dominica) or a more personal journey (like the journey to lose weight, stop smoking, etc.).


The papers are by Making Memories and Little Yellow Bicycle. The little chipboard flourish is from KI Memories and I used Shimmerz on it to give it that beautiful color and finish.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love the design of this layout. And I'm envious of your pretty handwriting. :)

Post a Comment