Saying thanks

It's Thank You Thursday over on the Ella Publishing blog -- a little reminder to spread a little good will to those who deserve a thank-you for all that they do in our lives.

Confession: I'm not so great at sending thank-you notes -- sometimes I need a little nudge, and this was a good one. Here are a couple of cards I made for this week's feature:








Doodlebug Designs was kind enough to provide some of their Create-A-Card supplies and papers to make these fun, little cards. And today, in honor of Thank You Thursday, they're hosting a giveaway on their blog for the 31 Thank You Cards eBook from Ella Publishing. 


If you're like me and don't consider yourself a cardmaker, the eBook is a great resource to have on-hand. I used one of the ideas to create the embellishment cluster on the second card. I wrapped some twine around a round die-cut and topped with a dimensional butterfly sticker, then layered onto some glitter and patterned paper. It really simplified all the overthinking I tend to do with cards, and I love how it turned out.

So in the spirit of Thank You Thursday, I have to say thanks to Ella for showing me I can make a card once in a while!

Who would you like to thank today?

4 comments:

Court said...

Beautiful cards! (no surprise there.) :)

Court said...

Must read instructions... I would like to thank my sweet husband because today he stayed home from work to be with me during our first midwife appointment! It was 2 hours long and it felt SO good to have a husband who supports baby girl and me so much!

Sherri said...

love that top card. so colorful and bright.

kate blue said...

cute! and I must confess, I cannot make cards to save my life and I actually buy them 98% of the time! I try but they just don't look like this!

Post a Comment