Spring forward!

It wasn't easy to get up this morning. Even though I "sprung forward" before bedtime Saturday night, that extra hour seemed to hit the very hardest at about 6 a.m. today. Delayed reaction, I guess.

But I had a very productive weekend, and maybe I'm still recovering. My mom was in town, and we had a crafty whirlwind of catching up to do. I wanted to buy some fabric to try out my new Cameo, so she took me to her favorite fabric outlet. It's amazing how many out of the way places there are in Dallas that I don't even know about, and this was one of them. I walked out with 7 cuts of fabric for $17. Score!

My first actual project with the Cameo was some t-shirts for the girls, and they turned out great! Very easy, and I'll share some photos of them later this week.

But my first paper Cameo project was this layout.


I cut the flowers from three different papers, at two different sizes, and ended up with all these fabulous layers. I topped them with Epiphany Crafts round bubble caps and a resin flower from The Girls Paperie. The papers are from My Little Shoebox, and I cut the center out of the round die-cut paper so that the blue border would act as a frame around some of my page elements.


For the journaling, I took a glassine bag, folded it in half and created this journaling card to slip inside. I really like how my handwriting shows through behind the photo, and you can pull out the tab to read what I wrote.


And I think I should mention that I used the very LAST doily in my supplies, so I guess I'm now done with doilies.

Unless, of course, I buy more. Never say never.

There's still time to enter my FRAK giveaway from last week -- the Stamping Secrets idea book from Ella Publishing. You can enter here.


1 comment:

Glynis said...

Oh how fun...I love crafty shopping with my Mom! And a new toy to play with too!! Sounds like a fabulous weekend :O)

Post a Comment