Six?

On this day in 2006, I brought home this sweet, cuddly baby...



For most of that first year, I wore her in a wrap as many hours a day as I could because I knew she was the last baby I would have to hold and cuddle.


In fact, I wore her around so much that Avery (at age two) thought that's how all babies, including baby dolls, were supposed to be carried.


Even when she was too big to hold, I still thought of her as my baby. Admittedly, I sometimes tried too hard to protect her and comfort her. But I liked the thought of her needing me, so I kept wiping the tears and holding her close as she went from a baby to a toddler.


And now, she's six years old! Six?!

She is beautiful...



And full of life...


And definitely NOT a baby. There are still tears to wipe, but not as many. The opportunities to hold her close are fewer and further between. But I love the girl she has become -- confident, curious, funny and a total chatterbox.


I'm so proud of her.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to your girl!!! I know what you mean about wanting to hold and cuddle her as long as possible. Ben will be 6 in December and is my last. Lucky for me, he still likes to cuddle at night and talk and read books.

Barbara Greenberg said...

How beautiful and such gorgeous pictures of your 6 year old baby. :)

Post a Comment