Sew Artsy reveal

Yay! Today is the day. I can finally share the projects I've been working on with my Front Porch Kit!


Get ready for a ton of photos. But before I get to the projects, take a look at all the goodies in this fabulous kit:


That's a LOT of creative yumminess to work with, including an embroidery hoop known as Hattie the Hoop. There's also fabric, buttons, vintage sewing pattern, paint swatches, trims, and oh -- the papers! Even after I finished my four projects, I have so many leftovers that I could easily create four more.

I turned Hattie the Hoop into a clock for my craft room. I was inspired by all the different buttons, so I laid them out as the "numbers" for the clock and added a clock movement that I bought at Hobby Lobby.


My kids were so impressed (maybe even shocked) that I made a clock that actually tells time. They keep checking it to make sure that it's still going. (It is.)




I made two layouts with the kit. The first one was inspired by the pink measuring tape. I saw the "40" and it reminded me of the birthday I will be celebrating in a few short months.


I made this little arrow from a strand of black twine and the corner of a star sticker from the Jillibean Soup sticker sheet. 


I covered the dressform with patterned paper and then used the rub-on sheet to add the black doodles. I finished it with a wooden flower and a fabric bow.




The second layout -- Cut from the Same Cloth -- is about Cecily and how happy she is when she gets new clothes. I really wanted to use the vintage sewing pattern, and I loved how easily it ruffles and crinkles in just the right places.



I used some of the fabrics in the kit to create a quilt-inspired piecing on the left. It adds a really different texture to the layout.



For the title, I added a little flair by cutting out on of the frames from a piece of patterned paper and layering it behind the letter stickers.



My last project was inspired by the zippers. I've been seeing all sorts of creative shapes and flowers made with zippers, but I'd never played around with them. I found that they were easy to manipulate and roll into pretty rosettes.


I added them to a canvas wristlet that I misted with Maya Mist. I sewed the blue ruffle around the flap, which I should mention was the only actually SEWING I did with the Sew Artsy kit. (My hot glue gun did get a pretty good workout, though.)



So what do you think? Are you brimming with ideas about what you could make with this kit? Well, they're limited in quantity and on sale now, so if you need it, better head over to The Little Blue House and get yours before they're gone.

Be sure to check out the Inspiration Gallery while you're there. It will be fully stocked by the end of the day today with all the projects from the design team, and let me tell you...there are some AMAZING things you will not want to miss!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Looks like this was a fun kit to play with -- and just look at all the creative ways you used it!

Unknown said...

your roses on the little handbag are adorable. Great job, they all look amazing.

Court said...

This kit is pretty amazing! There is SOOO much in it! And, as usual, you made it look so good. :) Hope you are well my friend!

Anonymous said...

Love your creations! .... The clock is adorable!

Post a Comment