The Tacky Tie Challenge

In honor of Fathers' Day, The Little Blue House is hosting a Tacky Tie challenge. When I received this tie in the mail from Tracy, I was a little stumped as to what to do:


Yikes! Pretty ugly, right??

So I did what I normally do when I have no idea what to make: I procrastinate. Or to be politically correct: I wait for inspiration to hit.

Fast forward to Friday night. The blog post is due Saturday. I'm in Tacky Tie Panic Mode. Fortunately, I was at The Little Blue House for Studio Night, surrounded by all kinds of inspirational supplies. I pulled some papers and a package of buttons that I loved and started ripping my tie apart.

Guess what! The back side of that tie was full-on gorgeous! And I discovered that the fabric would rip perfectly with a little bit of fraying along the edge. (Though I got some wild looks and "WHAT are you doing?!" comments from my cropping friends while I was ripping.)

The end result: 


Who'd have thought a tacky tie could turn into a pretty little card? Not me. But hey...it works!

Check out The Little Blue House blog for more ideas and links to the other designers' posts. And have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Kristyn said...

The back side of the tie is gorgeous. Lovely Card Robin. SOrry I missed you. Glad you and the girls had a great time at the LBH.

DeeDee said...

Oh I love the tie you got and what a great project too....

Court said...

Wow. How fun of a challenge is that and I just love your creativity! I cracked up when I read "Tacky Tie Panic Mode". funny girl. :)

Monique Liedtke said...

Oh wow! Who would have thought that tie would have such a wonderful back side?!! LOVE what you made! Hugs from another procrastinator, LOL.

Post a Comment